Motherhood These Days. . .

Friday, September 30, 2016

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Good afternoon everyone. So today I want to introduce you to a new series I am going to be doing here on Knotted Sugar called "Motherhood these days". I know this will not be for everyone, but as I am in the trenches of mothering two littles I want to document it. So that one day when they are older I can remember what this time was really like. I mean let's be honest I don't have enough brain cells left to remember it without writing it down. So I hope you enjoy!

I feel this picture describes how I feel most days. Would love a little space but someone is always there. 



I think the perfect word to describe motherhood these days is "brutiful". Now before you go getting on my case that "brutiful" is not a word well I know that, but it is the word that Glennon Doyle of Momestary has captioned to describe life in general. Its brutal but beautiful at the same time. And that is exactly what motherhood is like for me these days. I find it so beautiful to see these tiny humans grow and learn new things but in the same breath it is brutal to carry a screaming toddler up a staircase almost daily or to have his infant sister wanting to nurse at the same time. When I first knew that I would be able to stay home with our oldest I sincerely thought I would be one of those Pinterest moms who gets dressed everyday, the house is spotless, and the kiddos all do age appropriate learning activities daily with very little TV time. Now I am in awe of those ladies but that is not me. I am lucky to get out of workout clothes because post workout someone needs me. As for a clean house clean is really a relative term. I mean its not biohazard status but its definitely not photo ready. Oh and those age appropriate activities look really great in my Teddy Pinterest board. (Really they do. You should go check them out.) However we rarely do them. Not for lack of trying but life man. And that TV time can be educational (hello Sesame Street and Little Einstein's).

Now before you think that I think its all bad let me tell you that I find it so beautiful and amazing all that Teddy learns on a daily basis. I mean despite my lacking he knows his colors, he started counting with me the other day, he knows a few letters (we're working on it), he is learning to measure things when cooking (he loves to make bread with mama), and when I am brave he is learning to do the dishes. He is also becoming enamored with his baby sister and helping her to learn things like rolling over. Really it is adorable to watch him roll over again and again to get her to do it. As for Immaline we are still going strong with breastfeeding at almost five months and that is a huge accomplishment for her and I. She is meeting all her milestones and is such a joy. Its so nice with baby number two I am in no rush for her to do new things. So long as she meets her age milestones I am a happy mama. Part of this comes from knowing what lies ahead and the other part comes from her being my last baby. I'll gladly keep her a baby as long as she'll let me.

So there you have it. This is what motherhood looks like for me these days. For those of you who are mothers and fathers what does it look like for you these days? Is it brutiful for you too? Are you the pinterest mom or dad? (Because if you are I will gladly sign up for classes on how you do it.) Anyway thanks for reading this far if you have and I hope you enjoyed it.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs