Simek's Farm and the Pumpkin Patch

Wednesday, October 19, 2016



Good Morning everyone. A couple of weekends ago we went to Simek's farm and visited their pumpkin patch. Now anyone who knows me knows that fall is my favorite and a good pumpkin patch is my jam. Simek's definitely did not disappoint. We actually went here last year and we loved it so much we decided to go again.




One of the awesome things about Simek's (besides the beautiful farm) is that they have animals out for you to see and pet. Teddy was very hesitant about this last year but this year he was all in. We actually had to drag him away from the baby goats he was trying to feed. Another great things was this year they had pony rides and Teddy loved it. This really made my mama heart happy because I took riding lessons as a kid and used to beg my mother for a horse every Christmas and birthday. She responsibly said no because we lived on less than an acre of land in a development. I am sure the neighbors would not have approved.




Teddy's favorite thing besides the animals this year was the silo slide and kids play area. He actually did the silo slide last year but wasn't too thrilled about it and most of the play equipment last year was beyond his 18 month skill level. This year however it was on and he played his little heart out and got super muddy. The one thing we didn't get a chance to do was the corn maze and this was mostly by choice. It was super muddy from all the rains lately and we really didn't wear appropriate footwear (even though Simek's Facebook page warned of all the mud).









We had a blast even without attempting the corn maze. I find it so amazing now that I am a mother things that used to bring me joy just because I love them now bring me immense joy to see Teddy enjoying them. It really renews your spirit to see the world through a child's eyes.

And lest any of you think based on these photos that we left there without a meltdown of epic proportions. Let me set your fears to rest and tell you that I did not get a picture of it but Mister Teddy laid on the ground in protest of leaving screaming at the top of his lungs. So while he had an amazing time he didn't for
get that he is two and must make sure a show is performed for all.

What do you enjoy doing in the fall? Are pumpkin patches your jam? Or do you hate fall? I feel like fall is the "it" season so I do not think I have heard anyone say they hate fall. I would be really interested to hear if you do.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs