Nursery Update: A Quick Splash of Blue

Monday, February 17, 2014

Hi all and happy Monday! If you work a job where President's Day is a holiday then I hope you have had a wonderful day. (Unfortunately hospitals never close so I will be working.) Anyway I just wanted to stop by with a very quick update today. When we first started talking about the nursery I knew I wanted to paint the closet door a color besides white. I saw it first at Young House Love and what can I say I fell in love with it.

When we found out we were having a little boy I knew I wanted to incorporated baby blue somehow but not have it overload the room. Well I started thinking about that closet door again and decided that should be the baby blue accent in the room. Lucky for me we still had some paint left over from painting our kitchen an almost white blue. So this little update was totally free and really who doesn't love free.

Anyway I will quit rambling now and just show you our little update. I am really happy with the way it turned out and think it adds a nice subtle pop of color for the room. (Paint wise anyway but don't worry I have plenty of other colorful things in the works for baby boys room.)
I promise it looks a lot more blue in the room. Its just a hard corner to get a picture of.
Have you ever painted a closet door another color besides white? Did you love it? Or did you get tired of it quickly?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs