Blogtember Day 4: Fraidy Cat

Friday, September 6, 2013

A story about a time you were very afraid.

Hmm. Which way to go with this post. . . I could tell you about the haunted house experience or I could be more personal. Which shall it be. How about both? 

If you cannot tell I am terrified in this picture. (I was considering punching him if he got any closer)

So first the haunted house story. Jose was shocked and appalled that I had never been to a haunted house by the time we met (I was 22 years old). Even though I told him the stories of how Halloween masks terrify me and not just like oh wow that was scary but a OMFG why were these implements of torture created. You see my uncles used to love terrifying me at Halloween as a child and to say I am scarred for life might be the understatement of the century. Anyway back to the haunted house. Jose convinced me that all would be fine and I believed him. After all there were small children going through this thing and laughing at the end. I was also assured that there were escape points in each room should I need to leave. Well to say I am a wuss pretty much sums it up. Small children were laughing at me. Jose had claw marks in his arms for weeks but I can proudly say I did not use any of the aforementioned exits. However at the end of this maze of torture the "king" (it was castle themed) tried to stop me before exiting and I promptly dropped the f-bomb and ran out of there. So that was my first and I would love to say last haunted house experience. (Jose talked me into doing another one a couple years later but that was seriously my last! You hear that hubby of mine!

Now onto the more personal story. Pay attention now kids this one comes with a PSA (public service announcement for those to young to remember these on TV). So one of the scariest days of my life is when my mom wrecked her motorcycle and I was there to witness it. Now I would love to tell you that she was wearing a helmet but alas none of us were. So she is so very lucky because her injuries were minor compared to what I have seen working in the hospital. I was so afraid on the drive to the hospital (she had to be airlifted and I could not ride with her). All I could think is that I am too young to lose my mother and she still has so much life to live. I stayed by her side in the ER and rejoiced when she did not have any brain injuries. Her only injuries were to her ankle, teeth, and some serious road rash. I can never be thankful enough that my mother was spared the fate I see so much in our ER. Now for your public service announcement: 

WEAR A HELMET WHEN RIDING A MOTORCYCLE!
It just might save your life.

I'll come back down off my high horse now and wish you all a fantastic weekend. Come back next week for more blogtember happiness. What was the scariest moment/s in your life? Are you afraid of Halloween masks too or is this just my unnatural fear? 


2 comments :

  1. Oh heck no. My hubby is not EVER taking me into a haunted house. I'm pretty sure I would die of fright. And I'm so glad your mom is okay! I can't imagine my mom ever riding a motorcycle. She always used to tell my dad he'd die if he rode one - because she'd kill him ; )

    Also I just LOVE the name of your blog : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenn, I will not be making that mistake again. Although I wish I could say I learned my lesson but he did talk me into one more a few years later. But now he knows I stand firm on my never going back into one. I do not think my heart could take it. Thanks! My mom is a bit of a daredevil sometimes and my hubby had one as well. (luckily he sold it this past summer!) Thanks for stopping by Our Pemberley!

      Delete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs